Yesterday morning I had the pleasure of attending a breakfast seminar and networking event on Social Media ROI measuring the unmeasurable organised by Business Link Sussex (http://www.sussexenterprise.co.uk/).
I personally learnt a good few new things about social media and what I am doing wrong or should I say not quite right.
Some of the things I got from the seminar are:
- Being on linkedin was one of the more important aspects so on my return I made sure I got signed up (http://uk.linkedin.com/in/garybw)
- Make more use of hash tags on twitter. If you start to get this right you will find followers will come.
- Geographically targeted advertising on facebook works very well.
- You can use the same message across the different social network groups but do tailor each one for the network being used.
- With the caffeine update of the google search system tweets are now being included in searches.
I also networked with a couple of interesting people 1 of which I am meeting up with in the next couple of weeks to discuss doing business together.
As a result of such a great and useful event I have joined Business Link Sussex on behalf of my company Rogue Interactive Ltd. (http://www.rogueinteractive.co.uk)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad